Wednesday, June 9, 2010

033: New Text Document (4)

In the mug,
the coffee's dried
to crust.

In the air,
summer smells
like rot.

Down the aisle,
nothing but
a blank wall.

In memories,
the glow
of a flame.

How do you
say hello
with a smile?

How do you
think goodbyes
open-eyed?

And the gold
burns my hand -
still clenched.

And the longing
drifts and whirls
like sand.

Let the night
slowly creep
from the sea.

Let the light
dim away
into sleep.

Reaching higher
than towers
of glass.

And my footsteps
are my only
companions.

4 comments:

  1. Very fucking good poetry !

    I usually dislike poetry, but this is magnificent. I am being honest.

    How do you say hello with a smile even if life is shitty? Well, by not giving a fuck.

    It's hard. It's very hard to learn not to give a fuck.

    I guess people suffer because they care.

    We must no longer care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, H.

    while I surely desire a change, perhaps things are the way they ought to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fucking nice. love form. love clinch. very fucking nice.

    ReplyDelete