Monday, January 31, 2011

048: Together

I still see him sometimes
in splinters of volcanic glass,
standing on my right shoulder;
and sometimes I fall back
to visit the empty rooms
where he used to hide and play,
now, animated only
by a desert wind
blowing memories.
Our blood, our tears fading,
melting into the night,
clawing at the walls
of a perfect nothing;
and if my heart was heaven,
I'd build you new flesh,
brighter than pulsing stars,
and if my heart was hell,
you'd rise to steal the sorrow
from humans' brow.
As you were fire,
I will be ice;
and as you were the word,
I'll be the teeth,
as I disowned, so I do miss.
Together in the estrangement
of concrete confines,
and the tenderness
of untamed flowers,
in frailty and power,
we'll remain the same, eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment