Monday, June 27, 2011

057: Names

On the static shore
of a remote lagoon,
I had dinners in the dark
with the moon up high
and an empty plate
for those who live in starfields.
Distance, relative
when trapped in a cage of echoes,
wandering the streets
of the city of unbuilt houses;
still the silver screen whispers
in icepick tongues,
diminutive and demonic,
shards squatting
the path of imbalance,
while I kept replaying
sequences of near joy,
lodged in secret graves.
I stretched my mind's limbs
to touch the sun's mantle
from the bottom of the pit,
starving and solitary,
in kinship of the king,
with a mouthful of lead.
This war, ongoing and unanswered,
cruel yet incumbent,
never released me
into the freedom of wolves,
but taught me I'll never breathe
the air of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment