Monday, May 10, 2010

029: Levers & cogs

Drink away the night hours
in fume fried brick bowels
and sing to mend an aching back
and a staggering dream path,
with the drained withstanding
of plastic film marked,
waxwork heartsease kicked in the groin.

How long can this conversation wander
before the fracture erupts
and the slimming seams can't hold out
the shimmering rain any longer?
How quick can I spin this bottle
to match the revolution of a silver barrel
sporting five vacancies?

Still mooring of sultry arms
stripped by morning blades,
a free ticket to the house of exile;
rebuked bill sticks to my neck, ink ingrained,
as I roll the boulder uphill,
the ticking haunts, unfading,
the noise of the world.

Condoned in cardiac entrapment,
lung wrestling and touch duels,
within gene strands, smoke grappling calisthenics.
Yet, should the burning wheel retort
I'll burgeon my spider legs, I know,
to stride the glass divide,
fleet-footed slip to the other side.

2 comments: